Life is never dull in first grade. We just celebrated May Day. Here are two of the funniest things I heard this week.
"Look guys, flies REALLY like me!"
This boy had at least five flies sitting on his hands; it was completely disgusting. I had to laugh though because the flies truly did like him!
Me: Those are cute pants, Ann.* Are they new?
Ann: No, they are my sister's. I have to wear her gaucho pants because mine are too tight and they squeeze my butt, and then you can see my panties!
*names changed, to protect the innocent
It was May day night when she told me this and Jed was at school with me, we both laughed so hard we almost cried. What first grader knows about gaucho pants and pantie lines?
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE...
On teacher appreciation day (the day where the children where supposed to bring flowers) one of my students asked...
"Mrs. Wheeler, can you call my dad and ask him to bring you some flowers?"
Tempting but I told him he could draw me some beautiful daisies instead.
3 comments:
haha seriously I had no clue about that stuff till midel school! lol I hope you have a tan going for california cause I dont =(
Do you know where we are staying for sunday night??
I never knew about pantie lines, or at least I didn't care. Funny though.
Oh dear, I just read the part about calling someone's Dad to bring you flowers. That's hilarious! Good call with the "you can draw me some flowers instead". I guess you have to be quick on your feet to teach 1st graders. The gold poinsettia could never be topped anyway.
Post a Comment