Tuesday, June 17, 2008

We Wii


Happy Father’s Day Jed! I had to contemplate if my husband was mature enough to be a father when he wants a Wii for Father’s day but Jed insisted it was a family gift and even old people at the senior center do it. I knew he really wanted one when he attempted to buy me one for Mother’s day. Here is how the story goes.
The day before mothers day Jed and Jara go shopping in Las Vegas leaving me alone! Which was a present in and of itself, 5-6 hours of wastefulness. About 3 hours into the shopping call I get a phone call from the credit card company as follows:

Nice credit card man who always says ma’am: Ma’am there have been several purchases in the last couple of hours on your card we would just like to verify these purchases.
Me: (smiling thinking yippee what am I getting? Lots of purchases! Hmmmm?) Oh yes, well my husband is shopping for mothers day its okay.
CC Man: Ma’am we would just like to make sure these are all legitimate purchases. (Lady you are an idiot and don’t know what’s really going on)
Me: Okay (ooo now I will have an idea heeheehee)
CC Man: We have a $$$ amount from Target.
Me: Okay (bedding, yes!)
CC Man: We have a $$ amount from Walden Books.
Me: Okay (new books!)
CC Man: We have a $$$$$$$$$ amount from GAME STOP. In case you're wondering Game Stop sells all kinds of worthless things, like PS3's and XBOX 360's etc.
ME: WHAT!!!!! No that is not approved!!!! Stop that transaction immediately.
CC Man: (Knowingly) Okay ma’am thank you for your time today.

About an hour later…
I get a call from Jed
Jed: Uhh, have you been making our credit card payments?
Me: Innocently, yes why?
Jed: Well I went to buy you something and our card was denied
Me; YES I KNOW THAT IS WHY I TOOK AWAY THE CREDIT CARD THE FIRST TIME! I’M ON TO YOU. I TOLD YOU NOT TO USE THE CARD FOR EVIL PURPOSES!
Jed: Jara told me to get it.
Jed: I went crazy I had everything. A Wii system, nun-chucks, guitar hero, Mario Kart, 2 steering wheels, 2 remote controllers………
Me: The credit card man told me
Jed: Ahhhhhhh!!!!!

And no Jed did not wake up then. But this story does end happily with Jed getting his Wii system on Father’s day and it really is AWESOME!!!! I have now accomplished one of my life goals by kicking Jed’s butt at Wii bowling, not just once but twice! I got a turkey. Virtual bowling is much better kinder to me that real life bowling! So, it is all worth it and it truly is a “family” present. By the way, Jed totally rocks at Guitar Hero!

6 comments:

Amber said...

That is awesome! I am glad that my husband isn't the only one that loves toys and probably will never be to old for games. Your blog is great and your family is adorable!

Lisa said...

I will not tell this to Spencer. He currently begs us to come to your house to shoot the BB gun, now it will be never ending groveling to play the wii! Your house is better than Chuck E. Cheese! Do you give out little prizes?

The Wheelers said...

I propose we move the Wheeler Family Christmas Karaoke Night to the JJJ Wheeler house! Actually we could move all the festivities there... bowling, brother wrestling, dancing... is there a sort of buffet and food fight simulation expansion kit we can purchase?

Vyanca said...

We seriously have one of everything my 6 yr old has wii,guitar hero,rock band,a 360 and playstations. At least you have a little girl(who is adorable) I have boys who love their toys.

Bowler Family said...

This comment is directed to your 4th of July memories... I do have still a scar, I'm disfigured for life and loud noises make me nervous.

Terril Family said...

Mike and I totally got a laugh out of this story! Sounds just like something Mike would do. Hope all is well for you guys and that you had fun on your trip!