Thursday, July 24, 2008

Dream On

Dreaming is a genetic problem in my family. We are all dream demented! When Ashley was little she had a reoccurring nightmare of a big yellow bird, slightly resembling Big Bird chasing her in my grandpa’s field. Jordan always dreams someone’s going to die. My mom and dad won’t even tell us what they dream it’s so insane. I’ve had my share of nightmares, but currently I am in a state of ridiculous, what is floating around in my subconscious, to make me dream this stuff up, frame of mind. I don’t think even Freud could interpret my madness at the moment. Currently I dream anywhere from 3-5 ridiculous dreams every night. I wake up thinking, I have to remember this, but my mind is kind enough to me to only recall half of them when I wake up. So, here are my favorite dreams of the past 2 days.

1) I dreamed NASCAR was held right here in MV at the fairgrounds. (We achieved the ultimate status, it was even bigger than the Fair.) But the best thing about this dream was Jed won!!!!! My husband is now a NASCAR hero. Watch out Jeff Gordon!

2) I dreamed that I had a purple flute and was playing in a grown-up Mrs. D (my hs music teacher) band in a circus tent. Except my flute wouldn’t work it was all bent up. This dream probably means, no, no, no-not that I am on drugs, but that I have some kind of repressed musical inner beast just waiting to be unleashed.

3) I dreamed that I was in a tyrannical rage, throwing things and screaming and Jed punished me by taking away… get this, the ultimate punishment, bread. I am currently on a “No carb left behind” diet so this was a severe penalty.

4) I dreamed Jara had a drum that only she could make noise on and only I could hear. Need I say more.

Well sweet dreams to all of you, hopefully my crazed state of mind won’t lead your mind to have any sympathy dreams. I am going to bed now to see what I can imagine next.

7 comments:

The Yardley's said...

Joshlyn- You are nuts!I can just picture you in band with a purple flute listening to Ms. D!You crack me up!( just blame it on the pregnancy!) Hey call me- and we will go to the Scoop for lunch one of these days before you go back to school!

audreyspencer said...

My pregnancy dreams were the worst. I always had an interesting one right when I was first pregnant. I'll have to tell you about it sometime.

Annie Leavitt said...

yes...dreams are quite funny. nascar is a new level though. i had a recurring vampire one all throughout high school. keep us updated on more funny ones.

watsonshuffle said...

You should invest in one of those dream interpretation books...nah, you don't really want to know the meaning of your dreams do you? That might freak you out even more.

Alane said...

Hey! Its nice to see how your little family is doing these days. I don't get the whole recap in the grocery store! Yes, I finally got a blog!

The Giblin's said...

It's the pregnancy...I hear my sister say the same thing. I added you to my list of friends, hope you don't mind.

Bonnie Walker said...

Joshlyn - you are hilarious! I always have crzy dreams too only sometimes they are a little 2 real! One night Tim woke me up laughing. He said I was yelling at Derek. I guess I was reliving a fight of the past. Atleast your dreams stay in your own head! Anyhow, your baby is beautiful!
Next time Jed comes to play racquetball you need to come with him (or you can come without him)