Warning: This post is entirely opinionated and may contain information that is shamefully bias and inaccurate.
That being said I feel as if I can now state my mind without leading anyone astray.
November 4th is a very important day this year. Do you know what it is? You guessed it Election Day! A presidential Election Day nonetheless. However I am in a quandary as to who to vote for. Take the poll on the right I’m interested to know your thoughts.
Normally voting is a very clear decision for me as I happen to have a strong loyalty to my party, but who let John McCain advance as far as he did is what I want to know. This man has me considering going to the dark side of politics (the Democratic party). After all these years of cursing the Damn Democrats how could I be affiliated with them this late in the game? (My Granny told me not to call the Democrats names because she was one. All those years, who knew?)
But voting for Obama is aligning myself with democratic policy and there are too many things I disagree with. For example: abortion, health-care issues, and gay rights. You know, all those hot-button topics.
I’ve tried to educate myself on the two candidates but it’s hard when they spend most of their time talking about the other. I even watched the Democratic and Republican national convention. I don’t think it was very effective since the only thing that stands out in my mind of the DNC was when Major-Seargeant-Corporal-Etc.Etc. got up to endorse Obama and scared Jed and I so bad (just through the TV) we were willing to vote for anyone SHE told us to. And the only thing that stands out from the RNC was when Sarah Palin’s daughter was licking her hand and smoothing the baby’s hair. It was hilarious!
If I vote for McCain (the original Maverick, by the way, that is the WORST commercial ever) it would be more of a vote for Sarah Palin. That woman is awesome! I don’t know if she would be a great leader but the VP is not really that important anyway, except for in that little detail of the president dying. This woman has taken a lot of abuse in the press for being inexperienced, among multiple other things, but if experience was the key component of the race, Hillary (already having served eight years in the White House) would be running for president, not Obama. So take that trixsy democrats! A beauty-queen, bear/moose shooting, mother of five, now that is what America needs! If she can’t charm the world with her looks she could always flash her NRA badge and apply child-rearing strategies. Mother's of that many children know how to get things done!!!
The following link is much more reasonable and will provide you with actual facts, rather than the arbitrary ramblings of my mind. Good luck!
http://election.msn.com/WhereTheyStand.aspx
7 comments:
i'm in a quandary too. ty and i decided that they should make it that the vp and pres should belong to separate political parties and negotiate on everything, instead of one extreme or another yah?
I am undediced also. I am not affiliated with any party because both parties tend to be so extreme it drives me crazy. The reason I haven't decided is both candidates seem to be willing to cross party lines and negotiate (Obama being a little more willing, personally and politically. I think McCain would do it more personally, but receives a lot of pressure not to cross lines from his party). I am looking forward to both Presidential and VP debates. Sarah Palin is very articulate and energetic, but it seems obvious to me that, while I think she would step up to the plate, she has been used as a gimmick to energize the ticket. Abortion is no longer an issue for me, as in the next term it is not likely to lose the conservative judges and therefore abortion rights will not move from where they are now. Though I have liked Obama's comments on abortion, being that we should all work to reduce abortions, but leave it legals for certain circumstances, which just happens to be the stance of the church (this particularly makes me upset with the republican party and LDS people who vote the party line). I'll stop here. But kudos to you for posting what you feel!
We will stick with our good old R party!!! at this point I don't think either one will do a good job but we really don't want obama to win. I'm going to be selling my baby clothes I don't know if you need any, I will give you a killer deal if your interested, I have some really cute things!!! no pressure just thought I would ask.
I have similar feelings to what has been written. I still think I will write in someone for President. Mark Astling could balance the budget. Lisa would use common sense. Ryan could engineer his way through it. Wendy would use horse sense. Matt would have them all in a shuffle. Loni could use all of her experience at Sam's Club to get rid of big business. Joshlyn would let all the foreigners know where the bears eat berries. Jed would fix the education system. Jesse could just take them out for a round of golf. I could cover the walls of the white house with a beautiful array of quilts, and Dad...well Dad could do it all. Kathy
Damn the Democrats!! Damn them all! (No disrespect Granny)
Of all the elections in my life, I have without a doubt been most interested in this one. I have decided to go with Obama so far, I had been going back and forth, but the more I learn about McCain the less I think he really knows what to do when put in charge.
McCain constantly bashed Romney for having no experience being only a governor for a short time. Then he brings in Palin to be his VP. Palin is obviously a gimmick, in fact I would bet money that had Hilary Clinton won the Dem. nom, McCain would have asked a black guy to be his running mate.
McCain also said on Monday that the economy was fundamentally sound, which turned out to be just a bit off after the drop in Wall Street later on in the week.
So overall, I am not sure if I am voting for Obama, or just agaist McCain, but I do know this country needs some change and I don't think McCain is the one to help us with that.
Oh and McCains mom hates Mormons... funny clip watch his face.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sK_xVZ9F_w&feature=related
Sorry this is kinda long, I wrote it a while ago, it is also bias to my opnion.
The top 10 things I’ve learned about Obama that scare me to death:
The links clarify my opinion.
1. He thinks kindergarteners need to learn about sex education. I know that’s the last thing I want my 5 yr old learning about!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVLQhRiEXZs
2. He can’t remember if he is Muslim or Christian (if he doesn’t know how can we?)
http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1150540,CST-NWS-faith08.article
3. He enjoys being called the “Messiah” http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/undergod/2008/02/obama_the_messiah.html
4. He is so eloquent that he knows how to get smart people follow him………. He says what he thinks people want to hear! http://media.www.berkeleybeacon.com/media/storage/paper169/news/2008/02/21/Opinion/Sen-Obamas.Outrageous.Messiah.Complex-3226641.shtml
5. He thinks it’s okay to kill a baby after it is born if the attempted abortion wasn’t successful (have you ever heard of adoption?) http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/aug/08081101.html can you say murder?
6. They say you call tell a lot about a man by the friends that he keeps. Is that not true when it comes to Obama?
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2008/04/020358.php did you know that he announced his plan to run for the president of the US at Ayer’s house? Interesting isn’t it….
7. How about his pastor, does he believe what his pastor believes?????????? He’s listened to him for 20 years…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUbUBTlmAiA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk3LXvVlsI4
8. He hates the rich but what does he consider himself I have to ask myself? I don’t think he is a bill gates but he is definitely NOT poor or middle class …………….. He has made over 4 million dollars in each of the last 2 years.
9. Does he really think that America should model ourselves after China? Are we suppose to become communist? Maybe we can’t appreciate our freedom until it is taken from us.
http://beltwayblips.com/video/obama_says_china_s_infrastructure_is_better_suited/
10. All I have to say is HEALTH CARE.. Do we really want a bureaucrat telling us when and where we can go to the doctor? why do you think that people from Mexico and Canada come to America?
Is he the Messiah or Mussolini? I’m telling you that he is without a doubt MUSSOLINI!!! He will not do our country any favors. But this is just my opinion, we live in the land of the free for now. You decide who you think should be president. McCain isn’t the president of my choosing but I truly believe that a vote for anyone but McCain is a vote for Obama. Think that one through!
Post a Comment