Friday, December 12, 2008

Jack's First Month


His favorite thing to do. I love how he sleeps with his arms above his head, if they're not wrapped up.
Already out of newborn clothes and into 3 month size.

After his first bath.
Jack is a wonderful baby, so far. He likes to sleep, eat and be held. He hates baths, diaper changes, and his bassinet. Here are other observations I've made over the past month...
  • He sleeps best on either Jed's or my chest curled up in a ball. He's very compact.
  • His hair has a reddish tinge to it.
  • He is very sensitive, one day I was upset and so was he. He also gets so upset when he is put alone in his bassinet that he pukes. I thought it was just because I was laying him down on his back to quickly after eating, but if I lay him down on his back, next to me, he has no problem. His bassinet has turned into an expensive pacifier holder.
  • If he is taken out of his clothes he waves his arms like Frankenstein.
  • He takes a pacifier. Hallelujah! And a bottle!
  • He snorts, a lot.
  • Jara loves him and gives him kisses and says "pet Jack." She also sometimes calls him dude. For example, when he sneezes she says "Acchhoo Dude!" I'm starting to get over the fear she will kill him. Thankfully she hasn't tried to pick him up or wanted to hold him, yet.
  • He is starting to make happy coo noises and wave his arms and legs during his wake time.
  • He is very strong and "crawls" scrunches to burrow in my neck when I'm laying down holding him.
  • He loves touching his face with his hands and it's all I can do to get them away from his mouth to try to feed him. Even in ultra-sound pics he was always touching his face.
  • He's developing male pattern balding
  • Jara likes to play "This Little Piggy..." with his toes.
  • He has very long fingers and toes. How could he not? Jed and I are both at fault for this genetic trait.

7 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

Aren't little boys so much fun?!? And I love the name Jack. I am so glad he's been a good baby for you guys. I'm so glad to see your blog so I can keep in touch. Jenn

T Rex said...

Cousin, Joshlyn, please send us your email address so Mom and I can stay in touch! Thomas (jralderete@yahoo.com)

audreyspencer said...

So cute. I love all the pictures. It sounds like everything is going really well. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

He is so adorable! I miss how little logan once was! Ps: Guitar rock band is taking over our lives!! lol

Cassey said...

He is so adorable, I love that new stage when they curl up on your chest and just love you. Also please send me your email mine is casseypulsipher@hotmail.com. Your family is beautiful.

Annie Leavitt said...

ooh, thanks for the pics. makes it seem like you guys aren't that far away. he is the cutest. sniff sniff.

Alane said...

Sounds like things are going great. The pics are adorable.