Monday, February 16, 2009

Parade of Homes 2009

Ahhh it's that time of year again. The season of million dollar homes being showcased to us mere peasants. I love the Parade of Homes in all it's gaudy splendor! I have to remind myself, "When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm eating beans out of a can, I'll simply remember my favorite things and then I won't feel so sad!" Here are a few of my favorite things...

BATHROOM SINKS (ALL KINDS)

Beauty and the Beast

Copper farmhouse sinks and red metallic

Playrooms with mini tunnels
Bathrooms concealed by doors that blend into the wall, complete with a vase.(vahhhhzzz)
Pools, big pools
Mini-pedicure rooms

Laundry rooms with recliners (I can so imagine myself, doing laundry, curled up with a book.)
Mini-kitchens, snack bars with more metallic red countertops and chrome. (look close)

Harry Potter passages
Zen wisdom from a cat

TOTAL home gym's, complete with a rockwall, putting green, two story exercise room, full-size basketball court, and full-size racquetball court all in the basement. I would charge my kids a membership fee.
*disclaimer: sorry random strangers for being put on the internet and sorry so many of my pics turned out not so good

4 comments:

T Rex said...

Wow! That's some amazing playroom!

Tam said...

wow! fancy schmancy! you look great!

audreyspencer said...

I always had the opportunity to go to the parade of homes in St. George and Cedar for my design classes. You can't imagine the difference between the two! St. George's is over the top! I loved to dream though. Looks like a fun family outing.

Lisa said...

i went to the parade too! it's amazing to see how some people live!