Alas, our dirt road will be paved! One of the last roads in Logandale to remain dirt no more! People will now come visit me when it rains. I should be joyous, however the process of getting rid of a dirt road is making me hear noises in my head!
Normally I have a healthy respect for road construction, my husband's livelihood depends on it. But, if I have to hear BEEP BEEP one more time...
Equipment noises and tractor smell does not bother me it brings back fond memories of my grandpa "disking" his field, my dad landscaping, and Jed building things (and landscaping.) However, BEEP BEEP BEEP over and over and over again, especially at 6:30 in the morning is going to make me go out in my pajamas and tell the operator to hand me over the controls I'll show you how it's done! (And no I will not then use heavy equipment for evil hahaha)
They are moving the same pile of dirt repetitively. I think they've re-done my driveway every day for the past month. I see the grade-checker out there lining up his instruments and scratching, never a good sign.
I asked my construction-management-major husband why it is necessary to have the beep noise and he told me "Safety Joshlyn, Safety, it's all about SAFETY." Well if they knew what was really safe for them they would disable it! And seriously, do you need the beeping noise to let you know a million pound, chugging piece of, DIESEL, machinery is coming at you, at the roaring speed of 5 mph! If you can't figure that out you deserve to be hit! Jed responded by telling me a horrible story and telling me to be nice.
When will it be over?
Jack's opinion of road construction...
6 comments:
beep beep beep beep! i'm going to leave messages like that on your phone.
ah...we had construction next door all last summer, and the only benefit was abby learned how to sleep through anything.
good luck.
If you miss dirt roads and peace and quiet (well at least no beeping), come over any time! But, I am envious of your soon to be fancy new dust-free road! You city folk! What's next? Curb and gutter?
I understand the beeping. Every tuesday an unsuspecting garbage man is the near victum of a brutal attack. If he didn't come at 5:30 AM the danger wouldn't be so high!!!
Oh-yes, lovely beeping sounds. I will be hearing them soon because I will be getting a new neighbor. I will also be looking forward to hammering all. day. long.
If the County needs to rent a Water Buffalo, let me know! Better yet, we could have you help sray down the dust. Classic $40/hr job here in CC.
My dad owns his own construction bus. in AZ. A man that worked for him got ran over and killed because the backup signal didn't work. And so the guy didn' see the tractor backing up. THat was one hell of a settlement. But they are ridiculously ANNOYING!!!!!
Post a Comment