Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We are at One-Sheet Status

Jed and I judge weather patterns based on the bedding status. For example-
Fall=Comforter and sheet, maybe an extra throw
Winter=Due to my "conservation," Comforter, sheet, flannel sheet and quilt ahhhh, cozy, snugly
Spring=Same as fall, minus the throw
Summer=about the same until we go to ONE SHEET STATUS which you cannot go beyond, there's nothing left. We are doomed, because it is only going to be hotter next week.

So here are a few things I've been doing out of necessity or desperation I can't decide.
1)Playing Christmas music and closing the curtains, pretending it is December. The only problem with this is it led me to thinking about Christmas and then I started (of course) dreaming about Christmas and you know that is never safe. I dreamed Santa Claus died, it was very upsetting, when I woke Jed up to tell him, he gently reminded me "It's ok, he's not real Joshlyn." oh yeah
2)Going to the car wash, something about being in a tunnel of water makes me feel cool and refreshed. I think it is the cleaning element combined with water, darkness, a/c in the car etc.
3)Water aerobics-so lame I know but how else do you work out in the heat without waking up early, which in NOT an option.
4)Making snow-cones in my suhhhweeet retro snow cone machine that was worth every 29.99 forked over to Target. Jack REALLY likes snow cones.
5)Escaping to the Mountains-even though ya'll know how that turned out
6)LAKE LAKE LAKE-we have to enjoy it while it lasts, insert bitter sigh


The Boys The Girls
Jed making rainbows on the slalom, one day I'll get a picture of me wakeboarding, I really can you know.

What ballerina's wear to the lake

3 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

That looks like fun - I so miss the lake. Love Jara's swim suit.

Thank you so much for the book suggestions. I just sold a bunch of books on Amazon so I guess I can get a few more from there. This time, they will come with your recommendation.

Try to stay cool. You could always sneak up to Idaho for a weekend - it's about 30 degrees cooler. We have a guest bedroom and the river is just up the road.

Alane said...

You make me laugh! Deep inside I wish Santa was true too. I covered all my windows to make it as dark as can be. Feel like a hermit but a nice and cool one. :)

Bowler Family said...

Still rockin the bandana I see!!