Tuesday, October 19, 2010

To-Do List

1. Fix sprinkler clock.
Lights blinking, numbers working, switches working but no sprinklers. Sprinklers turn on if you flip a switch but the working clock is not turning them on. Oh great, electrical problems. (Ever since our house was blasted by lightning things haven't been the same.) I also draw the line at using my butter knife to fix electrical things. Getting zapped by the hot wire fence as a child one too many times leads to a healthy respect and fear for electricity. Well, the great mystery was solved by pushing in the outlet safety/test button. Elusive little switch.

2. Fix laundry room light switch.
The light went out like a flame (yeah literally) and for about a year I've been feeding the cats and doing laundry in the dark. Strange things can happen when doing laundry in the dark.

3. Return worthless merchandise to Amazon. Not worth the time consuming guess and fix, guess and fix.

4. Banking stuff blah blah blah

5. Floor chores, the kind that involve sweating and back pain. I no likeee vacuuming and mopping. Fortunately my vacuum blew up. Woohoo! I've been plotting its demise for years and it has finally kicked the bucket in a cloud of smoke and dust. Which seems like the proper way for things to go out around here.

6. Send pictures to print company. Does anyone else have a back-log of 500 or more pictures to develop. The only curse of the digital age.

7. Practice my picture taking on my vulnerable ninos, they like it. Mmhhmm Oh and some innocent cows that I couldn't resist. I miss having cows/steak in the backyard.


So happy and giggly (maybe her brother had just said his new favorite word.)


I get a lot of profile pictures of Jack, he's practically 2 and therefore slightly uncooperative.


Isn't she a beauty? I really do love cows.

THE END
Even though the to-do list/task is time consuming, menial AND tedious it's so nice to have a sense of accomplishment, and a working sprinkler clock. (I got really sick of setting the kitchen timer every 15 minutes 6 times a day. We have a lot of landscaping.)
Thank you G-pa Wheeler for your help.

5 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Cute Kiddos Miss Joshlyn.

Aren't to do lists fun? Not!

I only print a few pics here and there... but I have volumes (cd's - dvd's full) I also just love photo books. I am not a scrapbooker though.

ToOdLeS.

T Rex Mom said...

I totally know what you mean about the uncooperative toddler when it comes to photos. However, it is starting to get better.

And yes, to-do lists that are complete are definitely worth celebrating.

Cinnamon said...

Those really are beautiful cows. Is that your view? It's awesome! (And the kids are cute too. Way cute.)

Vyanca said...

ummm yea I have 10 discs and like 2000 pics I need to develop. Every week I say Im going to do it and never do!

audreyspencer said...

Your pictures are getting good. I like the blur in the background. My house always gets hit by lightning and other freak natural phenomenon (tramp in the neighbor's yard-twice!). Luckily it only takes out my internet.