Jed and I escaped to the little island of Oahu last week. Braving a 5 1/2 hour flight in order to do so. I survived, barely. While there, we felt it necessary to immerse ourselves in the culture of the land, do every activity possible, and eat at all the famous places while getting lost multiple times, even with Jed's girlfriend (the gps and her annoying accent.)
Here is our list of top spots...

Waimea Falls-Tropical, lush, beautiful pool to swim in at the base of the falls. What more could you ask for?

Polynesian Cultural Center: Here Jed and I are paying pilgrimage to the statues of ancient civilization, to ensure a long and productive life.
Hanauma Bay: A popular snorkeling destination where you will actually see fishies, big, tropical fishies and possibly sharks and that is why I watch from the beach.

Kailua Beach and surrounding islands for the kayak adventurer in all. I figured I could pound the sharks with my paddle, of course they would probably laugh and munch it in two, but I felt considerably less vulnerable due to the fact that I wasn't directly in the water. We were able to see a sea turtle while paddling, he was very friendly and unable to snap my paddle like a toothpick. Have you detected the underlying fear here?

This is what I do, I stop and sniff the hibiscus. Jed is the adventurer I am the observer and shaved ice eater. Is that not the biggest snow cone you have ever witnessed? It was tasty, so tasty.

Board on famous Waikiki beach and the North Shore. Bucket list-check. Isn't he naturally talented and wonderful at everything?

Hike Diamond Head Crater. I'm still trying to catch my breath from this one. The straight up staircase of 50+stairs at the end, before the winding 2 flight staircase, after the previous 50+ flight of stairs just about killed me. We sat at the top for a very long time "admiring the view." (i.e. resuming a normal heart rate.)
Here is our list of top spots...
Waimea Falls-Tropical, lush, beautiful pool to swim in at the base of the falls. What more could you ask for?
Polynesian Cultural Center: Here Jed and I are paying pilgrimage to the statues of ancient civilization, to ensure a long and productive life.
The night show is what really makes this place worth it. I am now considering a career in fire baton twirling. oooo
Hanauma Bay: A popular snorkeling destination where you will actually see fishies, big, tropical fishies and possibly sharks and that is why I watch from the beach.
Kailua Beach and surrounding islands for the kayak adventurer in all. I figured I could pound the sharks with my paddle, of course they would probably laugh and munch it in two, but I felt considerably less vulnerable due to the fact that I wasn't directly in the water. We were able to see a sea turtle while paddling, he was very friendly and unable to snap my paddle like a toothpick. Have you detected the underlying fear here?
This is what I do, I stop and sniff the hibiscus. Jed is the adventurer I am the observer and shaved ice eater. Is that not the biggest snow cone you have ever witnessed? It was tasty, so tasty.
Board on famous Waikiki beach and the North Shore. Bucket list-check. Isn't he naturally talented and wonderful at everything?
Hike Diamond Head Crater. I'm still trying to catch my breath from this one. The straight up staircase of 50+stairs at the end, before the winding 2 flight staircase, after the previous 50+ flight of stairs just about killed me. We sat at the top for a very long time "admiring the view." (i.e. resuming a normal heart rate.)
10 comments:
Make sure you back up all of your photos right now. Celestial and Elijah went to Hawaii on their 2nd anniversary. Didn't worry about the back up... their computer was stolen and with it went all their Hawaii photos. Sad days!
It looks like you had a very fun trip and hit lots of the 'half to see' spots.
ToOdLeS.
Aloha! What a great trip! I love Hanauma Bay and Diamond Head - two of my favorites over there. We're headed to the big island in March to see volcanoes and I will definitely eat shave ice - yum! Glad you had fun!
How wonderful for you guys. Hopefully, now that you're back you feel nice and relaxed. It looks like just a fabulous vacation.
Looks like you had a blast, did he take surfing lessons or just figure it out on his own??
Lookin' pretty smug and safe in that kayak! What a fun time!
1. The sharks are there and they are just waiting for you to fall in so they can eat you.
2.Roach coach can in no way be healthy!
3. Planes, natural bodies of water
This must be the scariest place on earth!!! :)
Wow! Looks like a great place to relax with your hunny!
Those photos are beautiful!
If I weren't scared to death of flying over the ocean, I'd think about making a trip like this!
Thank you, too, for the kind words on my blog!
Sooo jealous. Hawaii is at the top of my want list right now. I'll have to pick your brain of the best way to do things! Beautiful pictures!
Joshlyn I love your blog! We lived in Hawaii for four years and absolutely loved it! Jaime had me hike Diamond Head twice when I was due with our third baby in hope of having me start labor...it did not work either time! It looks like you guys had a great time.
I love Hawaii! I'm so glad you guys got to run away for a bit! Great pictures!
Post a Comment