Monday, January 10, 2011

Here, Here, and Over There

EVERYWHERE!

That is where I have princess stickers.
The last straw, for some reason, was on the obviously white wall protector behind the door. You know, that unnamed thing that keeps your 4-year-old from throwing the door through the wall. The last sticker-free section of my home, visibly contaminated. Right in my line of vision, staring at me from every piece of furniture I own.
Whyyyy? The uniformity of my beautifully, boring brown wall was broken up my a very large magical pink and purple tiara.
Magical is not my thannng.
Purple and pink is not my thannng(Even when I was a small child programmed by Barbie to like these colors I did not) My childhood bedspread had BROWN cats on it, brown not, gulp, pink!!!
I tolerated, am still tolerating, Ariel and Jasmine smiling at me every time I stomp on them to throw my clothes in the dryer.
I stare at "princess", tattooed upside-down on my counters at least once a week, it's semi-hidden.
I allow for my daughter to express her creativity through adornment of princess stickers on the wall by her bed.
BUT
Princess-tiara-purple-and-pink-plague is being sent for all time, in a wadded up ball, to the trash can, never to resurface and rear its ugly head over my living room again.
The evil queen does not tolerate rivalry.

2 comments:

Bowler Family said...

I have a whole FULL box of princess glory I could share with you. You know, since you shared the wonderful singing choo choo train with me.... >:)

audreyspencer said...

I hate stickers. Period. They are always all over the place. It's good you are supporting her creativity though ;o).