Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring Break Madness

Spring Break requires a trip to Red Rock. I'm not sure why this tradition started but its origins go all the way back to before I had children, or was even married for that matter. Jara has been asking me for a few days if we could go, the last time was a month or two ago, and

so today we packed up, complete with a picnic basket full of drinks and the mail, Ella and Ashley and headed out. The look on passing vehicles is always something like this, "What is this crazy lady doing driving her vehicle through the sand?" Don't worry it has 4WD, which is only necessary sometimes. First we thoroughly wilted the children with sand fun, it was nice and warm today. Then, to cool off, we stopped at the local "water park." Thank you Clark County Parks and Rec for picking today to irrigate.




Sand and Sun




The Girls, so angelic

The Jed clones, also angelic, as long as no one is wielding a plastic shovel.





Refreshing Cool Down



Ella making her own wake




All three gloriously splashing




My children the little water rats, rolling and splashing with great joy



Uninhibited joy, now that the pants are no longer weighing them down. Well, Jack was having a bit of a problem as you can see. Diapers are not conducive to irrigating-water-fun. Sorry about the crack, you have to witness it to get the full effect and the reason for Ashley and I doubled over in laughter looking like raving, mad women.



The picture captures it all. Jara laughing at her brothers sagging-to-his-knees diaper situation and Jack in puzzled bewilderment over the fact that he could no longer run. After this, the loin cloth/diaper that weighed ten pounds had to be disposed of and Ella was kind enough to share her shorts so that there would be no indecent public exposure. The levels of freedom (and clothing for that matter) just kept on extending.



What a great way to spend the afternoon. I don't think I've laughed so hard all week as I did watching these three children splash and play. In every picture I snapped everyone was grinning from ear to ear. However, the fun did have to stop once we ran out of clothing options but we'll be back. I'm thinking of calling the County and verifying their watering schedule. Midnight in July, no problem, we'll be assuming a nocturnal schedule by then anyway.

3 comments:

Bowler Family said...

Yes his lon cloth was very funny! I'm glad your jed clones gives Ella so much entertainment!! I need a weekly rental!

Cinnamon said...

CUTE! I love it!

audreyspencer said...

Poor Jack! He's wondering what the heck is up with this diaper!