Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Zoo Guess Who?

One blustery day in March we went to the zoo in Moapa. It was very impressive, a hands-on place to see animals you've never in your life even heard of. Big time for a small town.


What has long eyelashes and can spit?
Yes, Jara and also camels! Here is Jara feeding the friendly goats and pigs, she would not have anything to do with camels. She knows they spit!




What has stripes and likes to play?
Yes, Jack and baby zebras! Jack wanted to let all of the animals lick his fingers and laugh uncontrollably. This baby zebra was only a few weeks old and so adorable, almost as cute as the other striped critter. (Zebra's can't laugh, therefore, Jack's cuteness trumps zebra cuteness.)


These guys aren't cute, they are R.O.U.S's and frankly I find them quite frightening. The world's largest rodent, really it is a rat on steroids. I almost pushed my kids down and ran to get out of the pen before they bared their teeth and went for my hair.

Remember this guy, I thought I would get a picture for Jed, since he was off doing man bonding something or other.


I can't even remember what this thing was, it originated from South America, some kind of badger/raccoon/lemur. Who knows? However, he was extremely friendly and allowed Jack to shake hands with him and lead him around on a leash. He tried to climb on top of Jack but that was a little too much and we had to move on to the rabbit hole/den.

If you ever get a chance I highly recommend a visit to Roo's and More Zoo, you won't be disappointed. (I didn't include pictures of it, but the highlight of the zoo was the kangaroo pen, where you get up close and personal with the land from down under.)

1 comment:

T Rex Mom said...

WOW! Awesome photos. What a cool place for the kids. And the lake photos looked fun, too.