Sunday, August 7, 2011

Nice Things

I would be an ungrateful person if I didn't recognize all of the nice things friends and family members have done the last few weeks. It all started with the good karma of my birthday, I guess everyone is trying to make me feel better about my age/condition.

-My friends arranged with the help of my sly husband to take me to dinner. Yay for Katherine's, no kids and cupcakes. I think we were about to be kicked out of the restaurant for unruly behavior and my little freak out when the table-side chef produced 2 foot flames an inch away from my hair!!! I have great friends, the best part is two of them are related to me.

-Then I attended enrichment night due to many people insisting that I needed to go, completely unsuspecting that the branch was having a baby shower for Lilly (another girl who is having a baby) and myself. My surprise was evident, I looked scary and smelled like the roast beast that had been inhabiting my crock-pot for the last 8-10 hours. I was afraid to sit too closely to anyone for fear of offending them. However, everyone was kind enough to pretend like I smelled and looked fine, I was truly overwhelmed by the generosity and outpouring of kindness (not just because of the aforementioned beast) and apparently I have a knack for languages because I knew 8 out of 10 ways to say baby around the world. I still can't speak mouthfuls of conversational Spanish but I can say baby in Greek. Woohoo!


-So a couple of weeks ago I was having a DAY, a special day, the kind where everyone in my path is endangered due to my hostility. I blame it on the temperatures/humidity and pregnancy, that's reason enough to be insane. Right? I think my face is visibly snarled and I emit low tonal growls if anyone speaks to me. My children are public enemy number 1, they simply make too much noise. Anyway, the happy ending goes like this-I go to the mail, my weekly, Wednesday excursion and awaiting me is a package. Probably something utilitarian like the free formula I signed up for or my room darkening shades so I can win a small battle against the blasted Nevada sun. Much to my surprise it was a package with PRESENTS! Yay! My sister-in-law must have been divinely inspired to send it because who can be cranky when your children are happily playing with new toys and you are locked in a closet with a book (going to the bathroom dears.)


-My sister playing at my house even though it is 80 degrees and intolerable. The children have been playing together for hours at a time, with no whining, biting and minimal damage. The damage only being afflicted on the stuffed 8 foot boa constrictor that is now hiding in a secure location. It's a win-win situation, kids play and don't bother us and I get my therapy session in so that Jed doesn't have to hear it later.


-My mom bought the baby her blessing dress. It is a beautiful, fluffy dress and I can't wait for her to wear it. I am also grateful I don't have to wander aimlessly with a newborn baby around multiple stores trying to pick out the "perfect dress." Such was the case with Jara. I can't reason after I have a baby. I can't even reason right now! Thank you mom for eliminating the dress stress from my life.


-I am also a recipient of very nice grandma days. Grandma had all six Wheeler grandkids, while I escaped on one last big date with Jed. Grandma is very brave and very adventurous because after the 6 Wheeler kid party day, she then took the big Wheeler kids to the lake and I escaped again. Grandma deserves a medal.


There have been many more thoughtful things over the last month or so and if you were not specifically mentioned, know that I am forgetful not ungrateful. (I spelled my name wrong on a check the other day.) Thanks all.

2 comments:

Bowler Family said...

The flames were kind of scary!! But dont worry, I would have throw my water on you had you caught fire!

Annie Leavitt said...

you have nice things happen to you because you are nice!

that was my confucious saying for the day : )