Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Moving

A week into January we got a phone call from the establishment that rents us our home with the news we have been dreading to hear for almost two years...
Nice lady evicting me:  Hello I just want you to know we have received an offer on the house and accepted it.
Me: Silence
Lady: So that means you have 30 days to find a new place.
Me:  silence
Lady:  I'll email you the papers to sign.  Have a nice day.

And just like that we were 30 days away from being homeless.  I should have known it was coming, for two reasons: #1 It was for sale the whole time we were in it. #2 I had finally made my peace with it and it was starting to feel like home, instead of a temporary lodging that we could any day be sold out of.  Yes, that is what happens when you start to feel comfy, a gentle reminder that life isn't FAIR, comfy or peaceful. However, after a brief moment (okay more like a day or two) I came to grips with it and we started on plan B, plan C, plan D, a migraine like I haven't had since high school and we ended up with plan E.  A week before we had to move we made the decision to live...

 in a van down by the river.  hahaha.  
Okay, not really, 
well kinda, 
how about a house that used to be on wheels, I got the axles in my front yard to prove it, down by the river.  
There we go.  

Yes, I am being a little ungrateful and painting a picture worse than it is, we do have five bedrooms and 3 bathrooms after all.  It's clean.  Jack and Jara like the purplish hue.  Our landlords are very kind to let us be here and most importantly, we felt divine inspiration that it was the best choice for now.  We are probably only a couple of football fields away from where we used to be, I love my neighbor (that's you Brandi), Jara didn't have to change bus stops and we can stay in our same ward.  Plan D didn't accommodate for that little detail.  
So, yes I've been silent, kind-a crazy and muttering to myself in the grocery store but I think I'm coming back.  I now only have one room full of boxes that are still unpacked and I plan on leaving it that way.  Oh and if you have a house you want to sale, let me know, because this is temporary and the next place is going to be permanent  and I'm going to stay there for at least twenty years because my husband is not in the military or a carnival worker.  

Thank you:
Everyone who watched my kids or had them over for play dates before and after the move so I could pack/unpack.
To those who brought me food because the kitchen was out of commission for awhile.
To my family because they know the worst.  My sister packed my closet, my mom cleaned my old house, my dad babysat, my brother listened to my bitter diatribe prelude to the migraine blow-up, and my father-in-law who cleaned up the outside (among other things) single-handed (literally) poor man had to even take down our Christmas lights-yes it was February.   
My neighbor for organizing and lysol'ing my kitchen and letting me junk up your garage.
To all the kind people who helped move my excess o' furniture and didn't judge me for the plethora of cheerios coming out of the wood work.
To my friends who came to my cleaning "party" 
Bless you all.  We are so, so grateful.  As grandma Wheeler would say..."I'm buying you all a pony."    


*note:  the pictures will come, don't you worry



1 comment:

Kaye said...

We lived in a home with wheels for five years and I believe we are better people for it. You can relate to more of the population, i.e., empathize, sympathize, feel the terror of being tornado bait, describe your house in square footage terms (a 14 by 70), etc. when you live in a mobile home. So good for you! Ours was a great stepping stone and I'll bet yours will be too. Just don't let anyone take the tires/axles off of it (my dad did that). You never know when you might need to hook it up and be "mobile." Have a great adventure!!