Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Twas the Night Before Christmas...

Christmas Eve is my favorite holiday.  The anticipation and excitement of the kiddies.   The yuletide ham.  The family party which involves white elephant bingo and some form of a game with trivia that I can win at and at the end of it all before going to sleep, the feeling of calm and gratitude when contemplating the night of our Savior's birth.

This year on the agenda...
Fun:  the babies were so fun this year, even if Elise had two wardrobe changes and it was past their bedtimes.  Who doesn't love patty-cake?

Food:  I would like to say I made all of this but really I only made a couple of things but most importantly I supplied THE ham.  You know how I feel about ham.  Not just any ol' ham, honeybaked ham.  Mmmm.  I also made the twice-baked potatoes, my specialty, that diseased everyone, or so I've been told, more on that later.  

Games:  The infamous white elephant bingo.  We are good at bingo.  My presents were the best, worst kind...
As in-my dad won a sporty, yet stylish sweat band provided by moi! He dutifully wore it.  It helped him get into the action and avoid sweat dripping in his eyes during one of those intense bingo caller moments.  
Just when you think nothing could top the head band, lookee here, fishnet gloves.  For that perfect moment when you want to have the look of gloves but the use of your fingers, due to the breathable fishnet they can also be worn year-round in Nevada.
Here is the star of the nativity.  So precious.  
And here is our first ever, live nativity scene.  It melted my heart.  Look at Joesph with his sweat bands and UNLV snuggie/robe.  I scripted, sang and dressed them and couldn't have been more proud.  They were perfectly in character and performed Oscar worthy roles.  A great way to end a wonderful evening.


*note: This post took a long time coming due to the fact that blogger and my computer have been having issues.


2 comments:

Chelsey said...

It was a great Christmas!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for putting the ugliest picture I have ever seen of me on the christmas post.....nice.....I'm going to go find the Zumbathon snarly face and put it on FACEBOOK!!!