and forget the no pictures part because I'm finishing this post a week later on the computer so it will now include pics. i'm sparing no realities here either...
Elise
Was described as "powerful" the other day and it is TRUE! She is a powerful, adorable, cunning little monkey. She has heaps of personality and when I am perfectly attentive and meeting her needs she is quite delightful. (Lets not talk about how she tried to choke me when I wouldn't give her a treat.)I love when she checks to see if I just witnessed her latest shenanigans and then charmingly, with that little glint in her eye, cackles her evil cackle. She lovvvves attention. She will do anything for a laugh. Which tonight included gobbling up her pizza like a growling monster, which she does fairly accurately, and then chugging her water bottle and smashing it against her forehead. Afterwards as we were laughing without breathing she proceeded to roll on the floor and snortingly laugh. We really don't know where she comes up with these things. Jed and I are not currently in the habit of smashing drinking containers on our foreheads. Nor were we ever, just for the record, not even in college. It's probably because we are bad parents and let her watch Despicable Me 2. Jara was still in Elmo's world at this stage. Elise can do a dead on minion impression. Third children.
Jack
What can I say? He's a man. He doesn't listen. Get your shoes on, get your shoes on, please get your shoes on, if you know what is good for you GET YOUR SHOES ON NOW!!! Goodness gracious! Open the door. Oh, "hello landlord, no you don't need to make any phone calls to cps he found his shoes." Haha if only that weren't the truth. However, he is kind and tries hard to be a gentleman and opens doors for me. So thoughtful. Makes up for that nasty shoe business.
He earned his first reading medallion through the library reading program this summer. We have read a lot of "Piggie and Elephant" this summer. He is a natural reader and has mad memorizing skills. Kid beats me at memory every day of the week, and I play to win. He also enjoys his Costco edition workbook. Now before I make him sound too bookish I would also like to mention that he has learned to swim well enough to survive the width of the pool, again better than his mother and can hit the stuffing out of a baseball. Oh and he is a good little archer. I was sitting outside watching the kids play when I hear a whooshing noise. Lo and behold an arrow went flying by my head from across the desert. Somewhere an acre away was Jack.
Jara
Is ready for first grade. She misses the active and social part of school. She would be happy if we played with friends every day. Jara also did the summer reading program and wasn't as excited about medaling. "It's smaller this year mom." She is still in that last moment of little kid land where she is happy to swim in a kiddie pool but big enough to be a real help to me. She entertains Elise in the morning if they wake up before me and she is happy to involve Jack in most of her pretend play. However, when it comes to playing pony's she prefers to play quietly where no one can see her, alone. The pony's are off limits to Elise. I completely understand. It was a sad, horrible day when my little sister inked the barbie house furniture. She is developing quite a sense of humor. Grumpy cat is a bad influence on her. I made the mistake of letting her see a grumpy cat picture on pinterest and she is hooked. I heard her singing "row, row, row your boat gently down the....WATERFALL!" and knew we might have a little problem. On our family trip to the movies this summer she laughed and laughed genuine, giggly, belly laughs at Despicable Me 2. I love it when they start "getting" the humor.
The Big People
Jed and I have been distracted with the process of buying a home. We finally found one, the stars aligned, an act of congress passed and we closed at the beginning of the month. It has been a rugged, long journey/process. Once we realized all was in order we started planning our remodel. Hence the summer of paint chips. I can name you almost every color of blue and gray Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams manufacture and trust me when I say there are a lot of them. We also have been thoroughly researching flooring. I am neurotic and have to painstakingly review all elements before I make a choice. Thankfully Jed is patient and allowed me to walk back and forth between a million rows of flooring for over three hours trying to make a choice. This doesn't include the previous two trips I had made on my own. Yipes, I know! We will be moving in a week and then hopefully life will settle down and I won't be found muttering to myself in the grocery store anymore. maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment