Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Softball Champions

Oh wow!  Summer softball league champions.  I've sat through many a basketball game for Jed but never softball, it was a fun time.  Although it was August and Logandale, which doesn't normally equate fun.  Jed is always looking for a hobby and at least this is one where he doesn't have to travel or spend money!   My favorite part about watching him play is watching him run and his cat like reflexes, both rather impressive and unusual for a 6'5" man.  Watching him slide in basketball shorts and then trying to convince him a week later I should saw his leg off to save him from gangrene was not so fun.  (Don't worry he has recovered and managed to avoid a peg leg-miracle.) An extra bonus; he seems to behave better in softball than basketball.  I admire his calmness, things that would make me rage don't even phase him.  I'd ask him about it afterwards and he'd be completely nonchalant about it!? There is a reason I don't play organized sports, parts of my character I have long tried to bury would resurface.  Having a weapon (say a nice wooden or aluminum bat) probably wouldn't be good for me, or others.

No comments: