Every now and then, particularly at the end of a long summer that is going strong well into October and just won't die, I declare a day of mountains/greenery/cooler air to soothe my soul. We had an all day excursion beginning with a trip to the children's museum in St. George for Jed and the kids, I avoid going to places like that like the plague. My heart just can't handle watching the spreading of disease that goes on in such a cavalier manner. They go with Jed who could care less if someone is licking a toy some other kid just wiped their boogers with and everyone has more fun. I go get a pedicure or buy someone underwear, anything. Anyway, back to the journey. Next stop was a quick tour of the tabernacle, such amazing detail. Moving along, brunch at the Bear Claw and because that wasn't healthy enough, donuts at the Fractured Prune. Deep fried heaven. (Go there it is so, so tasty, then up your life insurance.) We then traveled about an hour to Pine Valley. The trees were changing color, it was cold and picturesque and being in such a beautiful place restored my spirits. On the way home we stopped at Snow Canyon state park and went on a little hike, those pictures are on Jed's phone, and after that it was dark and time to go back, with Elise, hopped up on donuts and "singing" the whole. way. home.
Look closely, this is a double stroller.
Renn liked cuddling in the cooler weather.
1 comment:
Oh my heavens! The double stroller. I'm laughing so much! I love your family and your sense of humor!
Post a Comment