At the beginning of October Jack started telling me he had to wear shorts and tennis shoes on days that weren't normally PE days. He said he was practicing for the speed meet. Mmmhmm okay...fine you can wear basketball shorts, I didn't think much of it. I had never heard of this speed meet business and Jara has been in school three years, must not be too big a deal. Well it is. Four participating schools and the top 15 or 20 (still not sure) runners from each school compete in a 50 yard dash. Apparently Jack can run. And fast. I watched his grasshopper stride finish the first race and was astonished. I had no idea he was a runner. He placed third in his last heat/group. Only one of two first graders from our school to medal in first grade boys. Impressive Jack, impressive.
Tuesday, December 29, 2015
Speedy Jack
At the beginning of October Jack started telling me he had to wear shorts and tennis shoes on days that weren't normally PE days. He said he was practicing for the speed meet. Mmmhmm okay...fine you can wear basketball shorts, I didn't think much of it. I had never heard of this speed meet business and Jara has been in school three years, must not be too big a deal. Well it is. Four participating schools and the top 15 or 20 (still not sure) runners from each school compete in a 50 yard dash. Apparently Jack can run. And fast. I watched his grasshopper stride finish the first race and was astonished. I had no idea he was a runner. He placed third in his last heat/group. Only one of two first graders from our school to medal in first grade boys. Impressive Jack, impressive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment