Thursday, February 18, 2016

Standards

The blog is going to be suffering.  Even more greatly.  As typical, I procrastinated my day of reckoning with the Nevada Department of Education and now I pay the price.  My teaching license, that I worked very hard to achieve, is set to expire this summer.  I've been aware of this fact for 4.5 years, do you think that led me towards my goals of re-certification even a year ago.  Nay.  Of course I had a newborn and was pregnant in 2014-15 which renders me perfectly lackadaisical.  Growing a human is hard work.  Keeping a baby alive is even harder work. Even as we speak I should be reading and digesting the disastrous mess that is common core but I'm incapable of reading 5 syllable words at the moment.   My eyes are crossing trying to comprehend...

It is recommended that quantitative measures be used to locate a text within a grade band because they measure dimensions of text complexity—such as word frequency, sentence length, and text cohesion (to name just three)—that are difficult for a human reader to evaluate when examining a text.


Six credits in two and a half months.  That is where I have placed myself.  Therefore, if you see me muttering you will understand.  Well, muttering more than usual.  Come to think of it, if you see me you should be amazed.  My free moments are wed to the computer and as you can see I utilize them very wisely.  That being said, I must return now to Understanding and Implementing Common Core Standards, my brain having been switched to normal mode through this therapeutic rant.  I can now stop thinking backwards and gacking through the future of America's education.  Should you be interested in "preparing America's student through success" I suggest you follow the provided link.  http://www.corestandards.org/ Together we can achieve the core!

No comments: