The levels of creativity, cabin-fever, and desperation run high come August in NV. Especially when all of July the temperatures hovered around 115* I think it is time that we went to winter break from school rather than a summer break. Wouldn't that be better? All of November, December and January off from school, when you can actually sit outside and not risk heat stroke. They can have a two week break in July.
Here is what we have been doing to avoid boredom (besides watching too much TV)
A little archaeology/geology.
One week we went to Wal-Mart and I turned them lose with ten dollars. Jack bought a rock extraction kit. Renn really likes to wear the safety goggles to the pool, he looks like a mad scientist scuba diver.
Jack and one of his many k'nex creations. He also has constructed lincoln log homes/neighborhoods and various lego projects. He is progressing towards his contracting career.
Jara has made many lovely crafts. Here she is sporting her hand sewn apron. She has been crafting up a storm: beaded bracelets, fabric purses, hand-knitted pot holders, key-chains, book-marks, picture frames, crochet chains. I'm sure I am forgetting the rest.
Sometimes they aren't trying to destroy each other. Here they are playing "Princess in Black." Elise has a new heroine...."THE Princess in Black." I highly suggest you read these books with/to your child by Shannon and Dean Hale, they are awesome.
Elise likes play-doh.
Play-doh and cookie cutters while I'm making dinner have saved us.
Speaking of princess's in black...hmmm. The life. Lazy minx.
There are no words.
Now you know why there should be school in the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment