Wednesday, June 11, 2008

zebra donkey

Every since Jed and his friends could drive they would go on "campouts". Every time they went they would come back with a story of some great adventure. No one believed half of what they said. Either it was too crazy to be true or it was too scary to let yourself accept. Well on one such occasion Jed and Tyson came back from Meadow Valley wash and swore they saw in the spotlight a "zebra/donkey." This definitely fell into the "too crazy story" category to be believable. All these years (almost ten now) they have stuck to this story. I tried to ask Jed to explain it more in-depth but all he would say is "it was a donkey with stripes." I use this story to tease him when something is "too big to be true." Anyway, imagine my complete horror/surprise when the good old MV Progress runs a story about a new zoo in Moapa complete with a zebra donkey! I am not lying to you folks, I ran a google search on it and this rare phenomenon actually exists. MV progress is not turning into the National Enquirer. I have included a link that will allow you to read the story for yourself.
I want to go to the zoo myself to further investigate this matter but I think you have to be an educational group. Believe me this would be a purely scientific visit.

6 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

no freakin' way that's true. i was pretty sure they'd all been smokin peote when they came home with that tall tale. i'm a little sad it's a real animal, and a little frightened that there is one loose out there. what on earth does it eat other than their blown up cans of dinty moore?

Annie Leavitt said...

ps...ty loved this post!

Chandra said...

Okay, I have to admit I check your blog every now and then. Now i HAVE to comment.No WAY!!! I was so sure Shawn was flat out lying to me. It makes me wonder how many of their other "tall tale" stories are true. I laughed so hard at this post. Thanks for sharing. Also, congratulations on the coming baby! We also have a blog but it is private so if you want to check it out let me know.

Lisa said...

This is very Napolean Dynamite-esque! Seriously! Jed and Tyson could do their own movie! What is the official name. . a zonky? a donbra? a zule? a mubra? Just our of curioustiy, what other animals will this zoo have? An ostrich road-runner? A bull with udders? A desert diamond back tortise? a coyote snake? Ok, I follow the link now and really find out. This is just funny!

Lisa said...

OK. I just had to google some of the animals that are exhibited at the zoo. There is a kangaroo rat (the bettong, endangered species), a fainting goat (when startled it faints for 10 seconds, that will be a fune exhibit), Kinkachoo, which apparently is a mythical bird, maybe Jed will find this next in the wash (although Spencer thinks it's a pokeman character). Oh, my goodness my morning has been highly entertaining because of this. Thanks for the laughs, both Joshlyn and Moapa Valley.

watsonshuffle said...

Man you are going to have some awesome stories to tell your kids when they are old enough to understand Jed's crazy campouts!