In our first apartment Jed and I lived in together, we had a tunnel to use for storage. Yes, you heard correctly, a tunnel, connected to our landlord's house, (thankfully they were very nice people who did not invade the tunnel.) The tunnel had about 20 feet of cupboards and housed everything from 4-wheeler tires to my excess of childhood memories all stored in rubbermaids. In house/apartment #2 we had a garage. Ahhh a garage. I never thought I would list that on my top 10 wish list but they are very useful buildings. No more hot leather car seats and a place for all of the rubbermaids. Then we bought our current home and no more tunnel or garage. So, we have a "forbidden room" the room where all the crap goes and nobody is allowed in because it is a serious liability. The closet is floor to ceiling tower of boxes, sleeping bags, etc. Every available space is consumed in this 10x10 room. Then I moved all my teaching "stuff" home and it got even uglier. Well, since the intended baby's room is the forbidden room, we decided we would have to do something about the excess o' clutter...
Hence the JED SHED! This weekend with charitable donations of supplies and talent/time we completed PHASE I of our storage solution. (Don't worry, all of you who know about the Narrow's fort, this wasn't
that kind of wood donation.)
How could you go wrong with 2 construction management majors and a civil engineer? Brennan reminded me the key word is "management," but I saw the money for Jed's education put to good use this weekend.

Thank you Brennan and Ryan!
Phase II (roof) coming soon...
5 comments:
hahaha! that is hilarious. i'm glad the jed shed wasn't supplied by other homebuilders projects (shhhh) : ).
hooray for storage! i have to tell you, our neighbors have 4 kids in a 1200 square foot house. it is the cleanest, most organized and beautiful home ever. and she only has 3 closets.
how does she do it? she throws out everything. for every new shirt/toy an old one goes to DI. she is the clutter flinging natzi! i wish i could do that. ty would kill me.
I am that lady that Annie talked about, other than I don't have the cleanest house ever. If I didn't use it within a month, it's out of here. I have decluttered the girls' room twice this month and have 3 big DI bags. I have never had emotional ties to things. But, we do have a shed for those things that have to stay, like Christmas decorations and such.
i wish i could be as organized as that. i seem to be the queen of piles. i hate piles! good job on the shed.
I need a "Brent shed". I should contract out Brennan and Jed to come and build me one but Im afraid I can't afford them!!
Yeah for you! Storage is a girls best friend, there is no such thing as having too much storage space.
Isn't it funny how an expecting baby tends to push things along much faster than usual.
Post a Comment