Monday, June 29, 2009

Primary Prayers

The last 7 months I've been in primary, for the first time in 4 years. I forgot how fun it can be, I love the primary songs and the things kids say, especially when they are praying, they are so sincere and to-the-point. Here are some of my favorite prayers I've heard over the months...

Bless that we will keep our hands to ourselves. (PLEEEAAASSEE)

Please help us get home safe and not die. (This kid's parent must drive like one of Jara's parents)

Bless that the food at dinner won't be nasty. (I've been the recipient of this prayer before)

We are thankful for the chairs. (They are very useful)


I really don't need to say anything more.

4 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

They truly are the purest and sincerest prayers. I cannot wait until my little guy says his own prayers. Right now he just chimes in when we pray together. Usually saying "yes" (more like "yesh") and "duck. And throw in the random clap (usually when offering thanks)!

Glad you received your package and are enjoying it. All the summer plans sound so fun! Take lots of photos - I do miss those days at the lake! Take your dad - he is a totally amazing skiier. He and my sis used to compete to see who could make the biggest rooster tail. Can he still rooster tail?

ShEiLa said...

Also...
you never know just what stories you will hear about home. ;) The little ones can reveal the best kept family secrets and you still gotta love them.

ToOdLeS.

Bowler Family said...

I updated blah blah blog! My favorite primary prayer when I had 6 year olds was, "please bless my kitty and my other kitty and my dog and my horse..." and so on.

audreyspencer said...

Primary is so fun! I gained such a testimony for those cute, sincere kids. They are so genuinely grateful for all the little things in the world that I would take for granted.