Monday, November 30, 2009

Giving Thanks

FOR...

PIE-walnut streusel/pumpkin, chocolate cream, banana cream and home-made cheesecake. yum.
This year I appointed myself pie duty, mostly so I didn't feel guilty over my worthlessness in the feast preparation. Ashley enjoys cleaning the turkey, I enjoy blissful ignorance of what came out of the turkey. I make pies, it's bloodless and doesn't require gloves, safety goggles or Clorox.

EATING-My children enjoy the fruits of my labor, I'm pretty sure this is all they ate. Well, Jara did eat turkey with ranch and Jack liked hand-squished sweet potatoes.



PLAY TIME-the girls and the boy, who is currently not playing well with others.


FAMILY


TURKEY CARCASS-if you're Icky the cat


THE BEAUTY OF THE SKIES
For the beauty of the earth, For the beauty of the skies, For the love which from our birth Over and around us lies,
For the beauty of each hour Of the day and of the night, Hill and vale, and tree and flow'r Sun and moon, and stars of light,
For the joy of human love, Brother, sister, parent, child, Friends on earth, and friends above, For all gentle thoughts and mild,
Lord of all, to thee we raise This our hymn of grateful praise.

5 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

that sunset was unbelievable!

i'm with you on pie duty. and how old is icky now? like 30?

T Rex Mom said...

I've never actually done the turkey myself. I prefer the bliss of ignorance! Pie duty is the best. This year, I was put on fruit salad duty - easy enough. Looks like a great time.

Bowler Family said...

I think Icky was the happiest of all.... and don't worry, I intend on blogging, IN DETAIL, of my turkey cleaning experience! :)

Vyanca said...

I love your hair!!!

Anonymous said...

Yea! for home made pies! I did it this year for the first time and it wasnt so bad i enjoyed baking fresh home made pies!