Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick or Treat

The party...

Jara's b-day is on Nov. 1 (a Sunday) so we celebrated on Halloween. We had a pumpkin pinata complete with mummy hands (filled with popcorn thanks mom), a pumpkin hunt (for Play-dough wrapped up like a pumpkin) and a spider web cake. My favorite part was dressing up in costumes. The kids looked so cute.



Pirate Mason, with sheer joy on his face in an attempt to break open the pinata.

A lost Unicorn. Ella was so plush and cute I just wanted to hug and squeeze her but I haven't turned into that auntie Dar, yet.


Swamp monster. My dad gets the prize for best costume! I'm still amazed he dressed up! He actually wears this thing when he goes hunting, not to scare away hunters but to better be one with his surroundings. :)


Here is a Sam-o-lantern. Ahhh the flexibility of youth, those days when you could fit your whole body inside the head of a pinata pumpkin.


The Cake


Harry Potter and Hermoine, Ron and Ginny were just pawns in our game for the sake of the book.

Book 8=Harry and Hermoine living in peace in the country raising the tortoise and the hare, that's what Jack and Jara were.

6 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

happy birthday jara!!!!

the cake is so cool.and your dad looks awesome! did jara just die with excitement?!

and what on earth did you bribe jed with to get him to dress up? whatever it was, it was worth it, you guys look great!

T Rex Mom said...

Great costumes all around. Your dad is as handsome as ever! Tell him his sister said so! And I can totally believe that he hunts in that thing.

The kids look great! And I love the "Book 8". Great costumes all around.

Did you make the cake? Pretty cool!

I'm dying to know what was in the box Jara was unwrapping. I sure hope she had a great time. What a fun birthday party.

Be well.

ShEiLa said...

I really liked that cake...
I bet it tasted good too.

Halloween can be so much fun when it includes a Birthday too.

ToOdLeS.

Vyanca said...

Your Dad looks awsome!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Happy late Bday Jara! I love the cake! looks delicious!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday to Jara! It's times like these that I wish we lived closer! And tutus! You make tutus! I'm very impressed! I hope you have much success!