Besides the usual random objects that tend to make their way into the washing machine, for example, loose change, Kleenex, and chapstick Here are some of the more interesting specimens I’ve retrieved within the last month…
Screwdriver-Right before bath time Jack was running naked, screaming and flailing to avoid the tub. He was wielding the screw driver and I needed a quick hiding place. He tends to become attached to dangerous of objects.
Shoe-Jara takes everything off and deposits it in the basket, so occasionally random shoes will get mixed up with clothes. Surprisingly, this particular shoe came out shiny and fortified, apparently it agreed with the washer. Which is not always the case, i.e. sparkly, princess shoe with feathers.
Diaper-a used one at that! Oops Guess what? It stayed in one piece and maintained its integrity, must have been one my husband changed, he’s a good "roller." Is it bad that I didn’t rewash the clothes? Oh well, it was just the kids clothes in that load. Hahaha
Magazine-this was retrieved before blast off, thank goodness. Somehow it got mixed up in the laundry basket, a result of the basket being too close to the toilet I believe.
Baby-don’t worry it was just Jara’s stuffed donkey that was PURPOSELY put in. Ill-tempered donkey, smells as bad as he behaves.
Clothespin-my washing machine is trying to tell me something-"save energy, avoid the power sucking dryer" which can not dry as many towels as you can fit in me. My washer has no agitator, so I can fit A LOT of clothes in. However, the dryer has been on it’s last leg since 2004. One day it will rebel against my overloading.
I am grateful for my washing machine, may it continue to lead a happy and productive life and not die on me in a cloud of smoke (unlike washer #1) in spite of my abuse.
3 comments:
We once had a disposable diaper go through the wash unrolled - that was no fun. Now we wash diapers all the time! Guess it was sign we needed to go cloth!
T Rex likes to look in the washing machine as I'm moving the clothes from the washer to the basket or dryer - looking for "pennies".
I hate when gum and chapstick go through the wash. The really ruin the clothes.
HAHAHA!!! Washing Brent's uniforms is always an adventure! I get interrogation cards, some with someone's info on them, pocket knives, latex gloves, and his badge once. It made really loud THUMP THUMP in the dryer and was rescued! An occasional kitty face goes through, credit cards, drivers licsense and who the hell knows what else!! :)
Post a Comment