Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hooray!

UNLV Class of 2010

College of Engineering


The big day has come and gone.

The hard work is over.

This ranks in our top 5 of "big moments."


The children were little angels during the 3 1/2 hour ceremony. (Which is equivalent to 10 hours in child land.) They even earned a compliment from the lady behind us and yes I am bragging because this is a recordable, treasure of a moment. Many thanks to Grandpa and Grandma A for entertaining and thanks to Grandpa and Grandma W for the after-party!



I am proud of Jed for sticking it out. When I graduated, I had worked hard to get through school, but I only had myself to worry about, I didn't have the demands of a full time career/job, children or church callings. I don't know how he handled all of the stress and the biggest stress of all ME. haha


Random Thoughts During, After and Before the Ceremony:

Jed's graduation is way more gratifying than my own. (I don't know which of us is more excited?)

The grad class this year was the biggest ever. Too bad the unemployment rate is hideous right now.

Jed, please don't do what you did during HS graduation. Remember that?

Jack, please don't hit the nice lady with the duct tape roses.

Please don't trip going up the stairs on the way to the bathroom carrying Jara.

UNLV has a big "A" parking lot I hope I remember where I parked.

SIGH!

WOOOOHOOO!


PS-We're not on vacation but pretend like we are and don't call Jed to do ANYTHING until he's been home a full month. We've missed him.

7 comments:

T Rex Mom said...

Great photo and great memories.

Totally impressive that the kids sat through all that! Seriously! Definitely something to brag about.

On a side note - is that your new haircut or was the photo taken before? If that's the new hair do - I think you look great!

Bowler Family said...

I don't think anyone should call him for THREE months. Or how about THREE years!!! Then the late hours and crazy schedule should be evened up!!

Lisa said...

Yahoo!! Yeehaw!! Whoopee!! Chicka chicka boom boom!!! Yipppeeeeee!!!! Hubba hubba!! Wocka Wocka!!! HOOOOOOOORRRAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!! Congratulations to both of you!!!! You both should be very proud of yourselves and each other! What an incredible milestone!! You are wonderful!!

The Yardley's said...

Congrats Jed! And yeah for getting your hubby back!

Lisa said...

congrats to jed!

watsonshuffle said...

Yippee Skippee! the most gratifying moments are the ones that required the most work, patience, effort, determination, sacrifice, etc...
Congatulations to the both of you. Well done!

Anonymous said...

yea! i am so excitted they are DONE! we finally get our hubbys back! so proud they did it! congrats jed!