However, since no damage was done, it was really quite exciting and amazing; might I also add refreshingly cool. 79 in August!!! Wahooo. I felt like rolling in our grass like a dog and doing leaps through the air. I didn't want to go to sleep and wake up to a real August day.
We got home too late to take a "true" picture. The above picture was taken as the water was going down and it was very dark. This rush of water was running across the street from us and blocking the intersection to our road.
Here is what it looked like the morning after trying to get off of our street. Lots of mud. Lots of fun. And to think we used to have a paved road.
Here is the wash down Gubler. It was filled almost to the top of the bank and the water was running verrrry fast. I wouldn't let Jed drive through it on our way home. Even though I scoff at the flood control pictures I really don't want to end up the poster child for one.
This is the same wash as the first picture, the next morning. As you can see it was very full. It was actually roaring, I enjoyed the sound, it dulled the screaming of my unruly children. Very tranquil, the sound of running water that is, not the screaming. Although the trickling of a brook is not tranquil, that sound just makes me have to pee.
Remember: Stay out and Stay Alive
Haha I just remember that is the slogan for abandoned mines. I don't know what the flood motto is, I live in a state with too many dangers.
3 comments:
whoah! tons of flooding by you guys.
i think the motto was "boats float...cars don't" : )
WOW!
We watched a lightning storm last night and watched four strikes on the hills turn to fires. Then as we were calling 9-1-1 the rain came and put them out. Wonder if it was the same storm? Maybe.
Glad you're being safe.
Glad your house is high enough and safe!
Post a Comment