Wednesday, February 2, 2011

We're Freezing Around Here

Saturday the kids and I were basking in 70 degrees of soul-warming sunshine. The cats were banished to the great outdoors during the night and Jack wore only underwear around the house.
Yesterday a monstrous wind began to blow "from the nort" (-jara) and combined with my failure to put the sprinklers back into hibernation, we have the great Wheeler ice age. I haven't seen icicles like this since the great...actually I don't think I have ever seen icicles in Logandale like this, well except in my mom's faulty freezer.






Guess we will be playing inside today. I think Jack's 4-wheeler is frozen in place.

4 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Yep, from short sleeves and nice sunny days to high winds and freezing cold. WE still aren't as bad as the rest of the country... I don't think the groundhogs will even be able to tunnel out of the snow to see their shadows. If I were them I would stay hunkered down in my hole.

ToOdLeS.

Kaye said...

It was 3 degrees here when I got up. The high is supposed to be 18. Brrr.

Bowler Family said...

I have an ice pond in the back yard. And they watered the field behind me. The water was frozen but the ducks and geese were still trying to swim!! I felt bad for their cold duck feet.

T Rex Mom said...

It's really cold here but we're used to it. I'm just wishing there was snow to go with all this cold.

Those icicles are really cool. Huge departure from your recent vacation, huh?