Maybe because we read her too many modern books with sassy characters or maybe because we have a little mockingbird on our hands, or maybe Sesame Street is educational, Jara has come up with quite the quotes lately.
"I look like a goon." The fatal pronouncement upon viewing her Sunday church hair and bow, complete with malibu feathers.
As she is rolling in the warm desert sand, "I'm basking in the sun." In context and everything
"Jack is such an angel." Jack was sleeping and her hands were serenely clasped under her chin when making this observation.
"I'm incognito." As she hides under a blanket in the living room, that would be the Sesame Street word of the day.
Observing me after a BIG dinner, "You are getting fuller and FULLER mommy." sigh
"Thank you, I am so grateful." Gracious sentiments after I found her missing toy. It's nice to be thanked.
We must pause before the next quote to give you a little background knowledge, so you can fully appreciate the situation. At preschool we sing the "Days of the Week" song to the tune of "Ate a Peanut." Applying the knowledge of that song, Jara composed her own melody "I don't like Jed, I don't like Jed, I don't like Jeeeddddd anymore......" Poor Jed, it's okay, we were both laughing so hard we had to go in the other room, it was very quiet singing and all the while she was innocently playing, and Jed had really ticked her off. Thankfully we haven't heard the song again and no one else has claimed to either, at least that we know about.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you write these things down. It will be so fun to read them with your kids as they grow older. We still remind Andrea that she used to cry when Jason would chase her and call her "chicken noodle." Have fun!
And congrats on the new one on the way - hope you feel good all the way through! Love to all!
Hey!! I use the peanut "I dont like song" for all sorts of things!! For the wind, the cat, church.... all sorts of stuff!
Post a Comment