Wednesday, December 7, 2011

So I feel Better about Myself...

Red flags you might be crazy.
1. People of limited acquaintance ask you in a tender voice, "So, how are you doing?"

2. You wear your fuzzy Eeyore pants around the house the entire day and actually entertain guests in them along with an oversized shirt minus a necessary female undergarment.

3. Your husband asks you "Have you been showering?"

4. You actually go out in public looking/wearing the above AND don't care.

5. Random strangers ask you "How old is your youngest and how many kids do you have?"



I thought I was doing good. I even took all three kids to Old Navy! gasp. Then the last week everything went to hell in a handbasket and I realized I'd been in denial all along and just gave in to the crazies.



Well today I showered! AND got dressed, complete with boots and skirt. My piano student asked me if I planned on going somewhere tonight. Sad, I know. I don't think people recognized me at the grocery store. I took back my hygiene. Everything else waited today... dishes be damned, kids watched cartoons, and the baby slept just long enough I didn't have to subject her to the swing. Guess what? Nothing happened, no one cried or rotted their brain off of 30 minutes of cartoons and I looked and, most importantly, felt like a real contributing member of society. Cause lets face it, it was getting really dicey there for a moment.








1 comment:

Annie Leavitt said...

i don't know what you were thinking, you had it together girl. you must have hid those eyore pants because i always see you in very nice pretty clothes that make me envious.