My firstborn is off to school. What a day. I sniffed all my tears away last night and tossed and turned unable to sleep, although it could have been due to the 2 hour afternoon nap, but today I was brave and so was Jara. My little kindergartner. I have a school child. She took to school like a duck to water. Thank goodness because I'm pretty sure if she would have had a melt-down I would have carried her off of that playground, moved to the hills, set up my yurt and commenced home-schooling. Truth be told, I think Jed was keeping his eye on me more than Jara, she isn't as shifty. However, a few hugs goodbye and that was that, she was too busy playing with friends to care that she was growing up and entering the dawn of a new age. On the way home she even asked if she could drive "because she is big now." No driving. Ever. Kindergarten acceptance was bad enough I can't even think what 16 will do to me.
Me and my precious little pet
Jara and Abby going to kindergarten together just like their daddy's
The best picture I could get of her in the sun.
Yay for school! Tomorrow we brave the bus and Jack's preschool. duhnduhnduhnnnn
1 comment:
I still can remember when my kiddos went to school for the first time... gee that seems so long ago.
Joshlyn you have a beautiful family.
ToOdLeS.
Post a Comment