Christmas bonding time: Jara, Jack and Max. I love that Jara still totes around Max from time to time. She never plays with dolls but Max gets dressed up, talked to and cared for more tenderly than any baby doll.
Santa visits...
Classic. Poor Elise, poor Santa.
Jack telling Santa he wanted a BB gun. Santa, bless his heart, didn't tell Jack "you'll shoot your eye out kid." However, he did tell him 4 year olds don't get BB guns...he has to wait until he's 6 or 7. Oh my.
Jara and Santa. All week she begged to see the big guy and was scared to death when the big moment came. She made it through upon the precept that it was necessary to tell him her heart's desire. However, the next night at the ward Christmas party when Santa showed up, she'd had her fill and begged us to leave because once was enough. "He already knows mom...lets get outta here."
Toothless Jara. She lost her bottom right one. You might not be able to tell because the big tooth is already in place. After sitting on her and holding her hands down I ripped it out by its tiny thread (the results of weeks of wiggling) and declared myself a dentist. And then told Jara to save her tooth fairy money for therapy. kidding. kind-a
Gingerbread house making, or should I say, doghouse making. We bought the, "oh so easy, so perfectly perfect" 4 doghouse making kit at lin's, thinking to save some time. It was beastly. Two days and two very red hands later we had our doggy houses.
Master dog house maker. I may or may not have sang: "put this on your snoop doggy, dog house" as I handed the kids their candy. Jed told me it was inappropriate. I told him it was culture, every kid should know that line and only that line.
Santa's workshop. Sending off the Christmas cards. I have lickers! Yay! I've waited a long time for this. If your card has two stamps you are the lucky winner and if your card has any chocolate residue I apologize.
We have also been...
-playing in snow, the kind you make in a bowl at home, we do live in the desert after all, and it was 75 degrees for the first two weeks of December. Didn't light the pilot light to the furnace until the 9th.
-Ornament making: popcorn garlands that a little birdie ate, and do-it-yourself kits from the advent calendar, thank you Loni.
-attending parties: the aforementioned family ward party and two work-related, kid free parties. One of them Jed forgot to find out was a black-tie affair. I showed up in my school teacher cardigan. Classy and frumpy all at the same time.
-Crunching the numbers: 16 deliveries the kids and I made one rainy day to friends and neighbors, 8 loaves of pumpkin bread (not bad) and 12 days of Christmas adventures, 9 rolls of wrapping paper I have amassed in fear of repeating the Sponge Bob year.
I love Christmas! Now before I burst into rapturous singing...
Happy 4 more days!
No comments:
Post a Comment