New Year's pictures used to be at night. Funny how that changes.
Our goals get written down when we get home, slapped on the fridge and scream at those of us that can read every time we need a drink or chocolate chips or any other perishable item. When we moved, to my horror, every one in the ward took the time to reflect on our yearly goals. One of the kind men looked me in the eye and asked "How are these working out for you," to which I replied,
"How do you think? Do I look calm, do I look happy, do I look organized? Okay then, get that box, get out of here and quit reading my failures." He looked scared and told me to work on number #1
My #1 goal....
Not be so angry.
It's interesting to look back at our goals made only three short months ago and see how we are coming along.
Jed: get food storage and other things that he can tell you about
Jara: learn 100 sight words, she's close, two more lists to go
Jack: make bed, he's making his and Jara's, whenever we both remember
Elise: learn to walk. CHECK
Yay for goals! Yay for us! Yay for trying. Because that is what goals are mostly about, trying. We may not always be perfect in the more ambiguous categories that don't have a defined measuring point like "not be so angry" but we try and every day get a little bit better. Mostly.
Happy 2013.
No comments:
Post a Comment