Considering the fact that I haven't slept in four months (my typical 10 hours has been reduced in half), I have been thinking of fettuccini au gratin from la Strada since I last ate there 3 years ago, and the ocean soothes my frazzled nerves we had a pretty low key trip.
Thursday's sunset. The sky was aglow.
What we did best. I highly recommend the "Big Belly Deli" if you are ever in Newport Beach, the white out pizza is muy bueno.
Eating...again...
My crazy eyes telling Jed to put down the phone and hand over the chocolate milkshake.
For old time's sake we revisited Ruby's diner on the Huntington Beach pier aka world's longest pier. Twelve years ago was our first Ruby's experience. Probably something very similar happened then too. Jed knows I don't share food. So does my dad, ask him about the carrot/spearing incident.
A nice way to relax.
And in case you don't want to relax.
One day we got a little crazy, went all out and rented a bicycle made for two. I have to admit I felt a lot safer having a steering wheel even if was completely ornamental. I need one for the passenger side of Jed's truck too. However, those rusty pedals were the real deal. Although I may or may not have given Jed a little payback for the kayak incident of '11. Thought he could sit back and not paddle while his pregnant wife hauled him to an oceanic island. I've been biding my time...
But mostly this is what we did.
Nothing.
Laid on the beach and soaked up the sun, or repelled the sun with whiteness, as in my case.
The giant, touristy, floppy hat that was it's own entity (I had to give it, it's own seat at restaurants) and jacket I wore 90% of the time didn't help either. What can you expect when you leave 99 degrees? Sixty-five is down-right freezing when you factor in the wind chill.
Now back to reality and Jed's constantly ringing phone, an explosion of laundry, that !@#$ mouse
AND
my babies
because I missed the little pets so much if I was starting to contemplate hugging and cheek numming everyone's children within a five foot radius. kind-a creepy, I know






3 comments:
Love it....when we went to New Orleans I missed my babies so bad by the end I told Mat my hands were literally aching to pick up random children and squeeze them. What temple was that?
Sounds delightful. We, too, find when we are on dates we miss our kids. We start to notice all the families with their children around us and it makes it tough to be away. Probably why we've never been away from our kids in 5 years.
So glad you guys got some quiet time! Looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment