Monday, June 17, 2013

Class of 2027

The line-up.  
Jack is very nervous.  He later confessed he was scared that the riser he was standing on was going to fall down, due to one darling, name-less child in front of him (not pictured) doing a little happy graduation celebration/dance.

Promotion with a balloon and certificate.  When you are four a balloon can make you forget seconds ago you had a near death experience on a rickety riser.


Happy Preschool Graduation Jack


Jack is a learner.  He loves to play with his friends and he has a handy knack for memorization.  Jara banned him from studying heart (sight) words with her this year because he could memorize them faster than her.  I think this mainly occurred because he is rapt with attention whereas she would be laughing, hanging upside down making up rhymes for "I hate heart words."  Anyway...I'm getting off track...Jack enjoyed his preschool environment and his chance to play with friends.  I would hardly get a backwards glance and he left but when I would pick him up I would have to brace myself so that his "picking me up" hug wouldn't knock me flat.  I learned this the hard way.  It is hard for me to believe he is not going to kindergarten next year but his November birthday will keep him in preschool one more year.  I'm sure he will be more than ready to make the transition but I am glad I get to have him to myself one more year.  He is my helper and friend throughout the day.  


No comments: