Remember that primary ditty? The wiser may be questionable, although there is no doubt there were firsts and wise experiences to be had.
Here are the best parts of my day.
My friends
We have enough children to put fear into the heart of even the most veteran of Chucky Cheese establishments so thankfully/graciously Brandie hosted us. I love this picture, even though its dark, because look at all of us smiling, even though there's chaos(children) surrounding us. It was lovely to visit, discuss what life throws at you at various ages and stages and eat Olive Garden worthy cuisine. Don't ever tell me you can't cook Brandie-I'm still dreaming of Alfredo.
My kiddies who drew me beautiful pictures, held doors and asked me throughout the day "Are you having a happy birthday?" So precious. Elise was partied out about the time of this picture but I like her naughty all the same.
And my Jed, who I may or may not have threatened with death on facebook, for a certain infraction. He gives nice birthday presents so all is well. Plus his intentions were kind.
On the day of my birthday I always wake up with a smile because
#1 I enjoy using the line "...but it's my day of glory."
#2 I don't leave things up to chance, I plan my fun and even if we have two blow-outs on I-15 we still did something. You can't feel bad about getting old when there is an activity going on.
#3 I have lowered my expectations, with three kids, work, and 110* temperatures not a lot of excitement takes place. However, I am easily entertained, almost pathetically. Which is why my hobbies include reading and quizzing Jed on useless trivia. Anyway, the babies (Elise and Scarlet) put on a dancing/jumping show that wasn't Cirque du Soleil by any means but I laughed so hard my eyes squished up and my belly hurt. Can I attribute my wrinkles to that?
#4 I don't do anything I don't want to. Which mostly means NO cleaning, which is why I had to eat my birthday pie at my mom's, you couldn't see the counter-tops or carpet in my house. Jed cleaned for me later, which is a present in and of itself. One year I planned an elaborate birthday dinner/party for myself because I thought it sounded like a good idea. It wasn't. I spent the whole day cooking, cleaning, cleaning and cleaning. At the end of the day I was tired, felt older, and resented my guests. Lesson learned. If I've learned nothing else in thirty-two years....
#5 I love all the phone calls/texts and cards. Such an attention seeker I know.
Thanks all for a wonderful day.
No comments:
Post a Comment