Monday, January 20, 2014

Elise Time

Elise and her BFF, Jake

Elise has started talking in long sentences and phrases and is much more content and happy in life.  I love her funny little monologues and how she has started speaking with/to her toys.  Here are a few of our language experiences.
  I had to give her the pep-talk while Jed was on a work trip about how daddy has to go to work to buy her clothes, food, toys, and diapers.  The next morning I went to get her out of her crib and she told me "miss my daddy."  I reminded her he was at work and she looked at me and in a very annoyed voice said "buy me food, buy me diapeees, buy me teats (treats) uhhhh/sigh."  
She also makes fun of all of us and already has a potty sense of humor.  A kind lady at the grocery store asked her if she liked helping mommy at the grocery store and she promptly replied "YA POOPY!"  Yikes, I wanted to crawl in a hole.  On that same note she also announced to all of Sunday School, when the nursery leader brought her in to "find daddy,"  
"DADDY I POOPY!" repeated four or five times before Jed could hustle out of there, that was his moment for wanting to crawl in a hole.  Any spiritual feeling was promptly squelched.  
What else...
She has watched Despicable Me 2 way too many times and will "lipstick taser" you with a vengeance.  One night she was crying in her crib so I went in to console her only to find the cause of her tears due to the fact that her lipstick taser, my empty bottle of hand-sanitizer, had fallen out of the crib.  Apparently a girl needs her lipstick taser to sleep peacefully.  
Whenever something isn't going her way, say for example when she can't properly get her blankie wrapped around her head, or she is otherwise distressed she will start yelling "EEK, EEK!"  I think she picked this up from one of her animal books we read to her and has ran with it.  The day she got the motorized-hot-wheels-car-thing stuck in her hair there were many afflicted EEEK EEEK calls, with good reason too, we had to hunt down scissors and cut the cursed thing out.
All of her letter /s/ sounds she replaces with /h/ sounds.  She was very frustrated when daddy wouldn't draw "hanta's hay."  Santa's sleigh of course.  Jara had to interpret for the babysitter last week.  We've all started speaking with a bit of a German accent.
She has given up nap time.  It's a very sad day.  However, she will now go to bed at six.  Which is no easy task with older siblings.  Life seems to begin at six around here but we do what we can.

Elise makes most of my day's, as long as we don't go to somewhere with cash registers, a happy day.  Who can't help but smile listening to her evil cackle as she mercilessly chucks rocks at the cats head.  

No comments: