Sunday, May 25, 2014

Fair

I hate the fair.  There I said it.  I'm waiting for the lightning.  I suffer for the children, and the corndogs.  American Gothic couldn't describe my joy over the fair anymore perfectly.  Okay, I guess it wasn't that bad.  Blazing hot and sweaty but the behavior exhibited by Elise kind-a made me wish we were a family of traveling carnies.  I've never seen such model behavior exhibited by the little minion.  She was happy, content, absorbed and made a smokin' awesome quail button.  (Did anyone else go in the NDOW tent?)



And I think I need a pink whale in my back yard.


Or maybe a purple one.


The bonus of the fair was Jara's ballet performance.  She was unhappy with her performance and so upset afterwards.  Nonetheless, I found great joy in watching her beautiful self so gracefully dancing.  I tried to explain to her that I was simply happy to see her on stage, being brave, dancing in front of lots of people.  Seven-year-old Joshlyn probably would have pee'd her pants in fear and ran for the hills.  (I'd like to think that was a comforting/motivating thought for her but I think the funnel cake may have proved more calming than any sage wisdom/advice.)  Ballet is hard!  Plus I do not believe the fair is the most optimal venue for a classical ballet performance!  


No comments: