Sunday, June 15, 2014

T-Ball

Everyone should have the opportunity to have a T-Baller.  There is probably nothing more entertaining in this world than watching 4-6 year old children in their first encounter with organized (I use the term loosely) sports.  Kids running from first to third base.  Kids running bases backwards.  Kids watching as a ball goes rolling by.  Someone's kid winding up like a softball pitcher before he would throw the ball.  Kids with batting routines. Kids running past first base with no intention of ever stopping.  Hilarious!




Once Jack turned five, I told him he could pick a sport to play.  He had been talking about T-ball for a year and we have been practicing for about that long, so T-ball it was!  He was very determined, worked hard to improve (mom did you see how fast I ran, i was a blur) and it was the highlight of his week.  Three months of waking up for Saturday games at 8:00AM almost did me in.  Nonetheless we, I, made it.  
I'm proud of you Jack!  I loved watching you play.  I treasured your excitement/seriousness/drive/crazy wind-up/love of the game!
Also-
Jed helped coach.  With a little accidental volunteering from me.  Jed can have the patience of a saint which is helpful when standing next to a little person armed with a BAT!  

No comments: