Monday, November 3, 2014

Overton Carnival

I love the Overton Carnival.  It's normally a week before Halloween and the games are easy for kids and most importantly they have popcorn, for ME!  I remember something like this when I was little, maybe at the fairgrounds though, the nostalgia level is high.  However, no one wanted to dress up in my awesome blue bunny costume constructed out of footsie jammies and a rolled up sock pinned to my bootie.  I don't remember all of my costumes but probably won't ever forget that one.  Surprisingly no one else was a blue bunny that year.  And no one was Davy Crockett the next year.  Anyway, Jack was a little scared of the spook alley and of course Jara thought it was "laaaaame."  Elise was really old enough to get it and can throw pennies like a professional gambler.  (The dangers of growing up in close proximity to the world's gambling destination.)  Jack was able to pop two balloons with darts which is quite an accomplishment for a kindergartner.  Jara was old enough to play and scamper with friends.
Collecting her loot.


Red Riding Hood's basket was very convenient.

The super hero, RRH and a real ninja.

No comments: