Monday, May 25, 2015

Ballet Recital


This year we were prepared.  Prepared and successful.  Jara did great.

Fair performance

End of the year recital

I wish I had a better shot of this because she was smiling!  I might have threatened her but I blame it on Donna Davis.  Let me explain.  Donna is THE nicest, most loving woman I know.  We were talking in church one day about kids and watching them etc. and she revealed to me that she always told her children there was one rule for performing; "You do it with a SMILE on your face, I don't care if you hate it!!!"  I took that advice to heart.  Lovingly before the performance I reminded Jara about Donna's advice:  "I didn't care if she forgot everything she knows, it didn't matter, but there better be a smile on her face."  She laughed.  And then smiled.  The whole time!!!  You are a genius Donna because of it she was even happy afterwards and was so excited to have "performed her best dance ever."  All this time I was trying to be loving, supporting and non-threatening.  
I just didn't know the right threat.  Thank you Donna. 
Jara-it WAS your best performance ever!  I loved seeing how much you have learned this year.  Most importantly, I loved your smile and good attitude!

No comments: