If you ever see me on a Saturday wandering around the Lost City museum you know I've reached a new level of desperation. When I've exhausted all of my resources and am too tired to travel to a destination with hordes of people, we go here. I love Native American artifacts and I love rambling my way through the museum keeping up a running dialog of what various ancient tools were used. Elise normally has the floor but in such an environment she is content to look around and listen to my dissertation on arrowheads, Renn is trapped contentedly in his stroller, and Jara can read so she is checking out everything on her own. Jack, this trip, was deer hunting. (Jed's third hunting trip in a month and a half.) Explains the levels of desperation, yes, I think so.
Well, I've lived in a dungeon but never a pueblo. Blessings counted.
I kept their interest with a little bribery. I must admit if you are needing a last minute gift the shopping here is not too shabby. We came away with rock candy suckers and fake gold/gemstones. I almost bought myself a lovely turquoise necklace as a reward. Maybe Christmas.
Making good use of all the museum possibilities. Below us is a pond full of interesting fowl, safely guarded behind a chain-link fence! You know how I feel about things with wings.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh is Jara heads taller then everyone her age??
Post a Comment