Wednesday, May 25, 2016

THE Trip-Part 1

In the bleak, dark, cold month of January Jed and I began to plot our escape.  It's been five years since we went anywhere new and exciting.  My requirements consisted of warm sand and blue water.  Not too far.  No Mexico.  We began looking at the U.S. Virgin Islands because I didn't have a passport at the time.  As we searched vacation homes for the entire month of January we kept seeing links to other islands and Turks and Caicos caught our eye.  Eight out of ten people I told where we were going had no idea where it was.  Even better. 
The home we rented, seconds from the beach.  

We stayed on the island of Providenciales, this picture is overlooking the Chalk Sound a shallow "turquoise lagoon filled with hundreds of little rocky islands."  It is remarkable and stunningly beautiful.  The pictures you see on travel websites are 100% accurate. 

Another view of Chalk Sound.  So shallow, so calm and so warm!

One day we traveled to North beach which is a direct ocean beach (not a lagoon) and the waves were normal, strong waves.  The Chalk sound made me forget what a real ocean beach is like.  My favorite part about this beach was finding conch shells everywhere.  I have never been to a beach where you could actually find giant shells submerged in the sand. 

No comments: