Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Holiday Savings

Wondering what to get your toddler for Christmas? On a budget? Well, search no further. The following pictures are what my children seem to enjoy the most and may inspire you to look around your house before you purchase new gifts this year.


Clothing, to be specific, recycled, (can we say green) college, memorabilia clothing, which I can't seem to fit my left thumb into anymore. I really think that I've just washed them so many times they've shrunk down to a size 4T.
Not only is it practical (Christmas pj's anyone) AND green, but it is ALSO at this point probably considered "vintage."



Pens-this is beneficial for two reasons positive and negative, but results in a win-win situations
1)Maybe if they get really good at tattooing their sibling they can have their own show on TLC too. Sad, but hello cozy retirement home.
or
2)Maybe if they get it all out of their system at 3 they won't at 16.
PLUS-your child is learning writing readiness skills, trust me I'm a teacher. VERY IMPORTANT
*Examine this picture closely for the full effect, you can't view in small size.


An Oven-for safety purposes be sure it is not on, while in use with children. This gift can be used in many ways. It's great for kids of all ages. Adults can use it to feed their families and kids really like to use the bottom drawer to...
*Use as a trampoline
*Play fort
*Encourage family bonding and love, as you can tell from the picture.

THE TOILET-my kids' most FAVORITE past time. Here Jara is exhibiting how you can make alphabet soup in the toilet. Jack would splash for hours and hours in the toilet if it was, hmmm what's that phrase, hygienically acceptable!!!!
*for your own health and safety DO NOT enlarge this picture. Trust me there is nothing else you need to see.


after the above present you are going to especially need one of these
The Bathtub-look at the sheer joy on their faces. Good, happy, CLEAN fun you can't get much better than that!

5 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I wonder why kids favorite jammies are their parents old tees? Comfort that's why.

I like the soft socks clear to the knees. I need some. I love warm feet in the winter.

Also...
its good to see that all kids do the same experimental activities... tats, toilets, etc.

I remember when Stewart flushed an AVON lotion bottle and broke our toilet. In the repair process Tony dropped the toilet and we needed a whole new one. Then Yvette let Stew and herself in the next morning early and they turned on the OFF valve and flooded the bathroom, hallway, and bedroom. What a lousy experience that was.

Kids are marvelous... it is a marvel that we parents survive and that we let them live too.

ToOdLeS.

T Rex Mom said...

I love it. T Rex does alphabet soup in the toilet too - I tried to put a lock on it but he figured out how to pull it off.

Yes, I so agree. No need to spend money on expensive gifts when there are so many that can be recycled and simply wrapped in boxes. Half the fun is just opening the box!

Cinnamon said...

You so make me laugh! I love it! Maybe, since it is Christmas, you could install a "hygienically acceptable" one, on Christmas Eve, in the middle of the living room. Then Then you could supervise, and even enjoy the show when Jed has to plunge and snake it all back out.

Kaye said...

You've already figured it out. Kids don't need toys. They just need imaginations. Save your money. Get them a box.

I sent an envelope home with Paul today. Thanks for the cute tutus!

audreyspencer said...

Funny! I too need some creative Christmas Presents this year.