Tuesday, January 26, 2010

There was a...

Toxic Chemical spill in my air vents this morning.

When I woke up I could detect an acidic burning in the air. The smell became stronger as I went into the children's rooms. It was a smell I am, unfortunately, very familiar with. I felt the floor for its distinguishing elements and could not find any evidence of 3-year-old pee, that could break down a car battery, but I could smell it. Every time I walked by the floor vent the smell became stronger and more prominent. Strange? So I asked my daughter the obvious question, thinking maybe she'd genetically inherited my husbands toddler habit of peeing in corners (thats what you get for laughing Jed.) She proudly showed me where she had taken off her panties and properly spilled forth a full nights worth of urine into my air ducts.

My arm can only bend so many degrees therefore, the labryinth of my ventilation system is now contaminated.

Someone call hazmat.
the culprit

8 comments:

Vyanca said...

Wow, thats about all I can say! At least it's not summertime. I cn only imagine how bad it would smell!!

T Rex Mom said...

Wow! Again backwards for emphasis - WOW! You've got your hands full there! Is this what I have to look forward to with a girl or with a three year old?!?

Good luck with the smell and clean up. Lysol spray?

ShEiLa said...

Oh my...
and she still lives? ;) (i don't want anyone to think i am serious)

Old time sayings like...
'I could beat within an inch of your life' come to mind.

If women have a heightened sense of smell... does it increase with each child? YOU have a pretty good smeller Joshlyn.

ToOdLeS.

Kathy Wheeler said...

Like father, like daughter. Sorry Joshlyn. They do grow up (after many gray hairs) and turn in to nice normal people. What was she thinking???? KJW

Bowler Family said...

GROSS!!!! Although you blame Jed, I remember a certain young 3ish year old girl POOPING behind the sofa. Hmmm......

audreyspencer said...

I feel your pain. Shada's diaper just leaked ALL over my couch. Doesn't smell that great. Thank goodness it's microfiber and I can just shampoo it.

Maybe she was confused and really thought she was on the potty? Sidnee has tried to go potty in some funny places when she first wakes up.

Lisa said...

That's a new one. Maybe if you put a scentsy wax bar down the vent, it would smell like roses? :)

Kaye said...

That is the kind of story you pull out to tell all their friends when they are teenagers. Ask Paul about peeing on the train set and making it rust. It must run in the family. (He'll say it was Brett but don't believe it.)