Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy, Birthday, Valentine's, President's Day

I like efficiency, killing 2 birds with one stone, you get the idea. So we celebrated jed's b-day, v day and pres day all-in-one, in the Golden State

Newport Beach sunset. Normally I give Jed a bad time for being ADD and not enjoying being lazy on vacation but on this trip I was the one with the problem. This picture was not the classic romantic walk-along the beach pic. 5 minutes before this was taken I was kicking Jed's bootie at cards. Who does that? I must be getting old or non-romantic or both? hmm


My first Ferris wheel ride. Notice the intense look of concentration on my face. I have to stay focused when facing my fears.

Ready for LOST.

My serene meditation pose, aka smoke monster snack

Balboa Harbor

A brief break in our biking journey.
My favorite things about CA...
  • Palm trees-I really LIKE palm trees, all kinds. If I were a tattoo kind of girl I'd surely sport a palm tree. Wait maybe I already have one and you don't know. hmm hahaha You will never know.
  • Carpool Lanes-I think MV needs one, so I can avoid following giant motorhomes with Idaho license plates down the boulevard going 35 mph. Or other vehicles with similar problems in the winter months
  • Beach Cruiser Bikes-you just can't pull that off in the raging NV desert
  • Giant Fly Ramps-that would be one of Jed's things, I close my eyes when we drive on one, which is one of the many reasons I am not allowed to drive while in California
  • Mexican Food aplenty-who can ever have enough chips and salsa?

7 comments:

Vyanca said...

I love california too!!! I'm still trying to talk Shawn into moving back, we lived thirty min from San Fran it was awesome!!

T Rex Mom said...

Sounds and looks like a very fun time.

Sorry from Idaho for the slow moving traffic - we definitely move slower in this state but we still love it.

ShEiLa said...

This looks like fun and my kind of trip. It just looks peaceful and relaxing.

ToOdLeS.

Bowler Family said...

If I ever got a tattoo, it would be a toss up between a black kitty and a lady bug, but not both. And we both know you have a pineapple on your butt, from that drunken night in reno!! You know, the night I killed a man, just to watch him die.

Lisa said...

I didn't know you were LOST fans! We'll have to discuss. Glad you guys had fun!

Telisha said...

How fun!!! I'm glad you guys had a good time. =0)

Anonymous said...

how fun! and no kids thats a plus!