So every year a week or so within range of my children's birthdays I like to commemorate the special occasions by making myself crazy lining up a photo session. Matching outfits, hair-bows for Jara, layers for Jack, perfect location or photo op, back-drops, props etc. I wonder why I do this? No one likes it. This year we went a little bit more low-key. I hired CSS photo documentary (aka-Jed, he gave me a special rate) only did one outfit per child, non-matching, and tied some tulle in Jara's hair. The best part was, I promised the children if they were cooperative they could obtain the mighty reward of rolling in the sand and digging! Woohoo! And yes I know Red Rock is a little cliche around here but Jara requested it and it was a key part of the reward, plus I never get sick of the beauty and colors.
All three faces of Jack, the model two-year-0ld (By "model" I mean, grumpy, obstinate, happy and delightful all in one!)

Reaction face, surprise, oooo

Happy, cooperative child and his alter-ego

Jara the fearless rock climber. Four is a magically, happy, brave inquisitive year as you can see.

She can be serious and crazy all at once.
These pictures have not been edited yet, I'm toying the idea of just letting them be, it takes away from the "professional" look but it is so candid and just how they are. Plus the lighting was great that day. Doesn't that bright blue sky make living in the desert worth it?
4 comments:
Very sweet kiddos! I think you made a great decision to be low-key and you have a great background.
ToOdLeS.
These are just great. And I LOVE Jack's hair cut.
I don't like unnatural edited photos as much as the natural ones. These are perfect!
Man it sucks when your very first client fires you..... Your kids are so darn cute. Wish we saw more of you guys!
Post a Comment